What is a Sitemap? - A sitemap is a file where you provide information about the pages, videos, and other files on your site, and the relationships between them. Search engines like Google read this file to more intelligently crawl your site.
Google and other search engines can read your page even if you do not upload a sitemap, but it is always better to give Google as much information as possible.
Steps to submit a sitemap:
- Sign in to the Google Search Console.
- Go to the home page and click on your website.
- Then go to Crawl Actions -> Sitemaps
- Click the "Add / Test Sitemap" button at the top right.
- Enter sitemap.xml in the blank box and click the submit button.
And it's done!